Saturday, January 23, 2010

Message To An Old Flame

Hello old friend, it’s been a while. How have you been? There is no easy way of saying this so I’m just going to put it out there. I want you to come home. I’ve had you on my mind lately and I think it is time we put the past behind us; this is something we should give a shot.

Yes, I understand things didn’t end on the best of terms between us. At first, I was heart broken, didn’t know how I was going to fill that void. To be honest with you I can’t say that I have. As time passed, I understood. We were going in two different directions, you were looking for things that I simply couldn’t provide. If it had to end, maybe it was a good thing you took that job in Philadelphia. We avoided the chance that awkward encounter at one of our regular hang outs, although dammit I wished you would walk back through that door in our house. I’m even willing to forgive you for spending all that time with those guys from Chicago. I said some things at the time that I know regret, but you know how I feel about them.
Enough about that stuff. Lately I’m thinking of the days that we shared. We had the highest of the highest and the lowest of the lows but through all of that we always supported each other. We were each others first love, and while there have been others since, nothing compares to the first. I mean, I had your pictures all over my wall! Yeah I was young at the time but nobody since has had that effect on me.
Look you may want nothing to do with me anymore, but now you know how I feel. Maybe you feel the same way. But times are tough and I can really use you right now. It’s hard to see things being the same as before, but I believe it’s worth giving a shot. If you want to talk I’m here.

Please come home.

-The Feather Head Faithful.























2 comments:

  1. So you want the big guy back, huh? From what I've read, it's two of your Central rivals bidding for his services.

    Open your wallet and turn back the clocks, Chief Wahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way he would cost more than $3 million for one season. There is no doubt he would choose a Cleveland comeback over Minnesota. Although he would probably head to Chicago if given the chance.

    We've got a guy in his mid twenties at 1st and an 11 million dollar stiff at DH, so Thome could be an option twice a week as well as being the most feared pinch hitter in the late innings of a close game. Could you imagine the crowd at Progressive Field in a tie game in the 8th and the teams all time leader in HRs comes off the bench to pinch hit? It would be electric. It makes sense. One year deal. Let him finish where he started.

    ReplyDelete